Police Department: FAQs

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I contact the records department?

Email the records department records@pepperpike.org

How do I go about obtaining a copy of a police report?

You may print a copy of a police report here.

How do I request a copy of photos taken from an accident report?

Contact the records department at records@pepperpike.org, include the report number of the accident and ask if any photos where taken? If photos where taken, request a copy of the photos. The records department will have the photos made and call you back to let you know what the fee is for them. You can either pick them up or we can mail them.

Where can I get fingerprinted?

You can call 216-831-8500 during normal business hours and ask to make a fingerprint appointment. Fingerprinting is done at the Pepper Pike Police Department, by appointment only. You must be a Pepper Pike Resident or be employed in the City of Pepper Pike.

Is there a fee for fingerprinting?


I received a traffic ticket. How can I find out how much the fine is?

You can go to the Shaker Heights Municipal Court website at  www.shakerheightscourt.org or call, and they will tell you the amount of the fine.  Fines vary depending upon the offense committed. Their phone number is (216) 491-1300.

Where do I pay a traffic ticket?

At the Shaker Heights Municipal Court, 3355 Lee Road, Shaker Heights, Ohio 44120.

Where do I pay a parking ticket?

At the Pepper Pike Police Department, 28000 Shaker Boulevard, Pepper Pike, Ohio 44124.

I need to contact the Small Claims Court where do I call?

Small Claims Court is located at the Shaker Heights Municipal Court Building, 3355 Lee Road, Shaker Heights. You can phone them at (216) 491-1300, or visit their website www.shakerheightscourt.org .

Do I need a permit to hold a house sale?

A permit can be obtained at city hall, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.  The cost of the permit is $25.00.  The city does not allow signs in the yard advertising the sale; however, you may tie balloons to your mailbox. There are no Sunday sales.

What time is curfew?

Children under the age of twelve years should not be on the streets or sidewalks during the period from darkness to dawn. Children between the ages of twelve years and sixteen years should not be on the streets or sidewalks between the hours of 11:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. Children between the ages of sixteen years and eighteen years should not be on the streets or sidewalks between the hours of 12:00 midnight and 6:00 a.m. unless accompanied by a parent, guardian or some responsible person over the age of twenty-one years.

My car has been towed, how do I get it out of impound?

You need to come to the Pepper Pike Police Department and show proof of I.D. and proof of ownership. I.D. should be a picture I.D. and proof of ownership can be title or registration to the vehicle. You will then be given a release form and directions to the impound lot.

I'm having a party and I need to hire an off-duty Police officer to help with traffic control, who do I call?

You can call the Pepper Pike Police Department at (216) 831-8500 and ask for the detail officer. If he is not available, you will be transferred to his voicemail; please leave a detailed message and your phone number and the officer will return your call.