The City sells Step2 brand mailboxes. The cost is $125.00 for a standard mailbox (single mail slot with one attached paper slot), and $145.00 for a deluxe mailbox (double-wide mail slot with two attached paper slots-tan only). The cost includes removal of the old mailbox and installation of the new one.
Purchase your mailbox from the Service Department (216) 896-6149 between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., or from the Finance Department (216) 896-6128 at City Hall between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The City accepts cash, check, or charge (Master Card or Visa). Make checks payable to City of Pepper Pike.
Mailbox Installation Guidelines from the United States Post Office:
- Whenever possible, boxes must be located so that carrier's vehicle is off pavement when serving them.
- Box number must be painted on box in numerals not less than one inch high.
- Post must be neat and of adequate strength and size.
- Approach to box should be a hard level surface (gravel, cinders, stone).
- Boxes must be placed to conform with state laws and highway regulations.
- Extend box beyond end of post. Attach board holding box to postwith screws or double head nails, permitting easy removal if necessaryto adjust box height, 8 inch from curb, 18" minimum to post , 48" tobottom of box.